[thelist] web site check (again)

Sales @ Lycosa sales at lycosa.co.uk
Mon Jun 13 07:23:11 CDT 2005

Hi,

Would you guys and girls take another look at
http://www.onlinekitchenware.co.uk

I had problems with session handling in PHP. When browsing the site, it
uses http, but when you checkout, it transfers to https, and the session
is lost, losing the basket contents! I think this may be because the ssl
certificate was registered for https://onlinekitchenware.co.uk, and not
https://www.onlinekitchenware.co.uk
I am loathe to change it now, as many of the links are hard coded
absolute links.
Has anyone else had any difficulties like this?

To solve this, on creation of the session, I redirect to the
https://ssl.htm which creates the session within ssl, then redirects
back to the page it came from. Is there a simpler/better way to do this?
Will the search engines spot the redirects and penalise me?

I also had problems with the size of the flash movie on the index page.
I have added some js to reduce the size of it for screen widths under
1024. I would appreciate some feedback on how well this works.

Thanks for your time.

Phil Parker

Lycosa Web Services Ltd,
47 Hilderthorpe Road,
Bridlington,
East Yorkshire.
YO15 3AZ.

Tel: 01262 42 42 99
Mobile: 07971 447 364
Email: sales at lycosa.co.uk
Web: http://www.lycosa.co.uk
WEB DESIGN - DATABASE DESIGN - WEB PROMOTION - SYSTEMS INTEGRATION
Disclaimer: The information in this email is confidential and is
intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email you have received it in error and any
disclosure, copying or distribution is strictly prohibited.
Any quotation or estimate is valid for 30 days from the date of this
email.

E. & O. E.