[thelist] Bare Bone Interactive Marketing campaign implementation

george tosh georgetosh at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 14 11:50:18 CDT 2005

I have been hired to build from scratch an online marketing infrastructure
at minimal cost. I need a quick and dirty tutoring on what is needed for a
PPC/Ad Serv and SEO campaign

1. What kinds of marketing activities NEED to be absolutely tracked tracked?
   How are they tracked?

1.a What easy to use programs would be available cheaply? would third party
Adserv be cost effective

2. What is the best way to calculate campaign ROI ?

2a. what Variations of:

ROI = (revenue - costs) / (ad expense)

should be used.

3.  What are the best systems available for in-house Interactive marketing
campaigns?  How are they best  entered?

This is for a plumbing instrumentation co. We are trying to build brand
awareness AND increase sales.

I would like to build bare bone infrastructure and also integrate with
databases. Does anyone know of a small San francisco based
Adserv/SEO/Interactive shop that could assist. We don't have a lot of money,

Sincerely,

Geo