[thelist] sql Notes field display

Brian Delaney brian.delaney at mccmh.net
Wed Jun 15 08:52:54 CDT 2005

I have a app that the users need to add notes to the table daily until
the case is closed.

I am looking for suggestions on how to handle this.

My first solution:
Post the first set of notes with some kind of ending character or
sequence with a date attached.

When the rs("field") is read look for the character or sequence and
display with ASP the previous notes, then read the next set and display
with date then start a new text field for present notes.

I would like a sample of asp code reading a rs("field") looking for
character sequence and displaying it with asp.

Any other suggestions will be appreciated.

I use ASP/Javascript/ SQL 2000/ IIS

Thanks