[thelist] need assistance with non-working PHP form

Juha Suni juha.suni at ilmiantajat.fi
Thu Jun 16 04:57:23 CDT 2005

> I am attempting to have an html form output the information via email
> with php functionality, but for some reason, you only get the error
> msg. stating the form is incomplete, no matter if it is complete or
> not. The URL is http://www.inspired-evolution.com/Contact.php
>
> I can email the full code to someone if they can be of assistance.
> Ideally, what I want is to validate each input item. email me at
> webguync at gmail.com.

Without seeing the php code it is pretty much guessing, so a code-sample
would be nice. There is something wrong with the part that does the
checking. My (completely blind) guess is that you've grabbed some php code
from an old tutorial or code sample, which relies on register_globals being
turned on (the default is off these days). Thus, the posted variables are
not accessed correctly and seem empty.

You can try inserting the following line of code to the beginning of your
script to make it work like register_globals was on, but be warned that its
default state was turned off for a reason, so there can be security issues.

import_request_variables("gP");

HTH

--
Suni