[thelist] SQL Distinct to 1 item

j s jslist at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 17 11:56:16 CDT 2005

The company is moving to SQL server but I don't know when.  I inherited this database - and there's too many weird things it does to rewrite the whole thing.  More projects waiting for me to do.  So I'm doing a patch job.  They used to get these reports by doing a mail merge into word through a web page.  The girls used to send a request and go to lunch.

And I'll look into any indexes that are there.  I don't if there are any at all.

Thanks
Jess

Joshua Olson <joshua at waetech.com> wrote:
> [...]

Jess,

Have you considered, if it's possible, to move away from Access and move
into SQL Server? There is a free version of SQL Server that is at least as
scalable as Access but gives you the benefit of the SQL Server engine, in
case you didn't know.

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/

--

* * Please support the community that supports you. * *
http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/