[thelist] Verified by Visa and Mastercard's SecureCode

Erik Heerlein erik at erikheerlein.com
Mon Jun 20 19:13:25 CDT 2005

Has anybody actually incorporated the Verified by Visa or Mastercard's
SecureCode password features into their web site?

Visa had those "I am Emmitt Smith." ads back in 2003 but I haven't
heard much since and I've never shopped at a web site that incorporated
these features into the checkout process.

 From what I've read, if a developer wants to incorporate either program
into their site, they can't just roll their own ASP or PHP code but
must get a "plug-in" from a vendor for their shopping cart wherein they
will have to pay them an additional per transaction fee as the
transaction is authenticated through their server.

Am I correct in this assumption? Does anybody have either of these two
programs in the checkout process of their shopping cart?

Erik Heerlein
erik at erikheerlein.com