[thelist] Explaining Payment Processing

M. Seyon evoltlist at delime.com
Wed Jun 22 10:26:33 CDT 2005

Message from Norman Bunn (6/22/2005 10:53 AM)

>Joshua Olson wrote:
>
>>Hi List,
>>
>>I'm preparing to write a document explaining the nuts and bolts of Payment
>>Processing for the typical client.  Here's the outline that I've created to
>>guide my document.  Would anybody mind commenting on changes to it before I
>>begin?
>>
>>Thanks!
>>
>>[snip]
>>Payment Processing Alternatives
>>         PayPal
>>         Print and Mail/Fax Forms
>>

>Another alternative is secure capture of credit card information for
>processing via a POS device.

Aren't there situations where it is not permitted to use POS devices for
transactions that were captured electronically?

And Joshua, given that you said for a typical client, this may be out of
scope for your document, but I could see lots of people being interested in
how this all works when one is not in North America/Europe.

Are you going to publish this doc online when you're done? I would say on
evolt but the site still temporarily closed right...

regards.
-marc

--
Trinidad Carnival in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/