[thelist] Encryption recommendation

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Tue Jun 28 16:14:10 CDT 2005

Hi Robert,

   This example is in VBScript, but I think you could convert it pretty easily (or just use it as-is); I assume you're doing this server-side, since client-side encryption wouldn't be worth much :)

HTH,

Peter

 From: Robert Hanson rhanson at mva.com

I'm looking for a solution for encrypting some database columns. Currently
we're storing the values as plain text, bu want to encrypt them.
Requirements:
1) reversable, so that (with the proper key) a value can be encrypted
before being stored; can be decrypted back to the original text
2) a public domain version of the source code is available (preferably in
javascript, but I'll take anything)
3) Reasonably secure - encrypted values hard to decrypt unless you have the
key