[thelist] Email address hiding question

Matt Warden mwarden at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 23:10:52 CDT 2005

On 6/30/05, David Bailey <dab.hand at xtra.co.nz> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> I can see the logic in that, and that solved point 1, 3 and part of No.2.
> Much appreciated. Getting there!
>
> I now need to solve the problem of erasing the 'Please remove spam blocker'
> message in the Body.
>
> Re No.4:
> >> 4. The process seems to open another browser window
> Why is this happening (excuse my ignorance). If I can eliminate it, I would,
> but can live with it if necessary.

You might want to change the function to this, but you might get
unexpected results in some browsers (I don't have any idea, but it
seems like you might):

function sendmail() {
  // cancel std event processing
  event.returnValue = false;
  // remove spam blocker
  var url = event.srcElement.href.replace(".no-spam at please.", "@");
  url = url.replace("Please remove spam blocker. ", "");
  // open email window
  window.location = url;
}

As for your replace() failing, I don't know. Sorry.

--
Matt Warden
Miami University