[thelist] Remote Desktop Client on XP Home?

Jono Young jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Mon Jul 4 12:39:44 CDT 2005

On Jul 4, 2005, at 10:17 AM, James Hardy wrote:

> Hershel Robinson wrote:
>

>>> Anybody else out there have a similar setup that works for them,
>>> or a  good suggestion?
>>>

>> http://tightvnc.com/faq.html#macosx
>>
>> Sorry for the double post, but I now found that the TightVNC site
>> itself provides two solutions for Mac OS X. Their site wasn't
>> responding before.
>>
>> Hershel
>>

> I find tightVNC to be a bit overly techy for me (far too many
> options and settings). If you are just using it over your home
> network you might want to consider RealVNC http://www.realvnc.com/
> which to be more user friendly.
> --

I've never used VNC before, but after searching I found something
called [1] Chicken of the VNC, for Mac.  So Chicken of the VNC
installs onto my Mac, and then I have to install TightVNC or RealVNC
onto the PC?

If I install TightVNC or RealVNC onto the PC will that allow me to
access IE 5, 5.5, and 6 on the PC, from my Mac?  The documentation
for all of these apps is not too great from what I can see without
installing the actual applications.

[1]  http://sourceforge.net/projects/cotvnc/