[thelist] Zen Cart advice

fstorr fffrancis at fstorr.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 5 17:10:56 CDT 2005

On 5 Jul, 2005, at 13:57, emily tarrant wrote:

> Hey everyone
>
> I installed Zen Cart over the weekend and am keen to get to grips
> with it. I'm
> taking my first tentative steps into the world of ecommerce. Can
> anyone
> recommend a beginners tutorial that I could work through?

Hi Emily

The online help stuff is reasonable, but you really need to get your
help around the templating system before you do much else.  It's that
that allows you to customise Zen Cart correctly without damaging/
altering the basic workings of the system.  Also, I've found that
without the Web Developer's Toolbar for Firefox, working out what CSS
rule is applied to what is a nighrmare.  Install that and it'll
really help.  But, as I said, the first thing to do is to get your
around the templating systm.

Good luck.

Regards