[thelist] internet on a laptop

Todd Richards todd at promisingsites.com
Fri Jul 8 10:51:46 CDT 2005

Hi Laura -

I did a Google for "wireless internet providers" and it came up with some
decent leads.  Most of the major mobile phone carriers provide this feature,
and no - it doesn't come with a phone.  It is a completely separate service.
There might be options to plug the laptop into a phone and use the phone's
signal, but most have a separate card with an antenna that goes directly
into the PCI-slot on your laptop.  From what I have seen (haven't researched
fully) it is still a bit expensive (for me anyway).

Depending on the plan you get, it may be a replacement for your home
provider, but it depends on if you have other computers in your home, your
location, etc.

Todd