[thelist] Photoshop > Colour washout on 'save for web'

Paul Bennett Paul.Bennett at wcc.govt.nz
Sun Jul 10 22:44:14 CDT 2005

Roberto,

yes, the Uncompensated Color was causing the colour drop (the 'proof colours' option didn't change anything it seems). I selected Windows Colour which brought the colour back up in the optimize window, but then dulled it down again in the exported image. I see now that the Uncompensated Color option does exactly what you said it would - shows you what the image will look like when saved.

So my original question remains unanswered - how can I stop Photoshop doing this? The original image is nice and high-colour when viewed in a browser but the exported images from Photoshop are duuuuuull.

Help! :)

Paul
---------------

Hi Paul,

My bets are in two different possibilities… Either you are:

    * Using proof colours in the view menu: in that case, while you’re
      editing, it will alter the image accordingly to what you’ve set up
      in proof setup, in the same menu… but, the final output can be
      quite different…
    * Or, in your save for web dialog you have set an option in that
      little menu with an arrow pointing to the right, just on the left
      of the save button… I always use Uncompensated Color to see
      exactly what I will get in a browser.

And don’t forget to set your Color settings to “Web graphics defaults”…

Hope that helps,

Roberto Gorjão

--

* * Please support the community that supports you.  * * http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/