[thelist] Photoshop > Colour washout on 'save for web'

Roberto Gorjão roberto at castelosnoar.com
Mon Jul 11 00:29:41 CDT 2005

Paul,

I forgot something that may be of some importance (before you actually
change to fireworks… ;-) ):

Depending on the source of your image, it may come already with a
profile, and there may be a mismatch between the image’s profile and the
profile you’ve set for web. So, it may be a good idea to assign the sRGB
IEC61966-2.1 color profile to the image (menu image / mode / assign
profile) before you begin working on it, or to convert it to this
profile (menu image / mode / convert to profile) if you’ve already
worked on it.

Also, I presumed, maybe wrongly, that you were working on windows… In
Mac, the Adobe Gamma is substituted by Monitor Calibrator and you may
not want to delete it…

All these indications were targeted to Photoshop CS. If you are using
other version, let me know.

You have some interesting information that may help you on Photoshop CS
help: press F1 and select Producing Consistent Color in the left menu.

Roberto