[thelist] Dreamweaver site (template?)

Dominick Cancilla dominick.cancilla at buckconsultants.com
Mon Jul 11 09:54:26 CDT 2005

> For sites that I have taken over with these templates, I simply copy/paste
> the entire html,php,cfm, etc, that has the templated tags embedded to a text
> editor and simply remove all the template tags.  If you are insistent on
> using Dreamweaver from there, simply copy/paste the adjusted pages back to
> Dreamweaver and replace the original files, that will eliminate the template
> from the page (Dreamweaver won't let you delete those tags directly) and
> make each page fully editable.  That will enable you to replace the nav
> system using CSS or SSI on all pages.

I'd suggest that before following this advice you take a good look at the
templates. Many of my sites make extensive use of Dreamweaver template
variables and conditionals, and are far easier to maintain because of them.

However, if the site isn't using any of this, then you should be able to
remove the templates without much difficulty.

--Dominick

If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by returning the e-mail to the originator.(16b)