[thelist] mySQL/PHP class function (maybe another stupid question)

Nan Harbison nan at heritageconcord.org
Mon Jul 11 10:22:43 CDT 2005

I am still slogging through thousands of lines of code I didn't write try to
find the bugs in the code that makes the website not function as it is
supposed to.
In the database class (which mainly makes it easier to switch the type of DB
being used), there is the funtion:

function query($query, $file="", $line="", $type=DB_TYPE)

and when this function is called, the call looks like this:

if ($r = $this->db->query($q, __FILE__, __LINE__))

so what the heck are these:

I am completely lost on this. Sorry if this is a stupid question.