[thelist] asp.net: Protectting two directories in one application

Ken Schaefer Ken at adOpenStatic.com
Mon Jul 11 18:17:38 CDT 2005

Use <location> tags in your web.config file.

Cheers
Ken

--
www.adOpenStatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/

: -----Original Message-----
: From: thelist-bounces at lists.evolt.org [mailto:thelist-
: bounces at lists.evolt.org] On Behalf Of Casey Crookston
: Sent: Monday, 11 July 2005 10:09 PM
: To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
: Subject: [thelist] asp.net: Protectting two directories in one application
:
:  Ok,
:
: I've got a site in which the root directory is configured as an
: application
: in IIS. Within in this site there are two sub-directories which need to be
: protected. The first, which we'll call "employees" contains a content
: management system for employees to update their own website.
:
: The second, which we'll call "clients" contains downloads and documents
: meant only for the eyes of their clients who have been given a username
: and
: password.
:
: Each sub-directory will have only one username and password. In other
: words,
: all employees will use the same username and password to access
: "employees"
: and all clients will use the same username password to access "clients".
:
: I've been trying to use Forms authentication, but from what I can tell,
: each
: application is only allowed one login page. Is this correct?  Because the
: nature of the content in each sub-directory is so different, I would like
: have two separate login pages. Is that possible?
:
: If it's NOT possible, then should I be using Windows authentication? I've
: also been reading up on Role-based authentication, but that seems like
: massive over-kill for such a simple task.