[thelist] Adding attributes for tags

raanders at mailporter.net raanders at mailporter.net
Mon Jul 11 19:26:27 CDT 2005

Hoping for a pointer , direction , terms ( , clue-stick.  8-)

I'm using Peter Bailey's fValidate scripts and have now run into a
documented issue that I hope to get around when validating the (X)HTML
of the pages.

I've modified Peter's defaults to use two "new" attributes -- chk and
emsg.  I'm not getting
	Line 62, column 25: there is no attribute "chk"
stuff.  I'm using a DOCTYPE of xhtml1 transitional so these should not
be coming up -- to my understanding.

So I thought "There has got to be a way to declare these" so the
document passes.  My understanding of XML and friends is still a little
sketchy but I think there should be a way to do this.

Pointers, directions, or search terms would be appreciated.

Rod
--

---
[Certified Virus free by MailPorter Mail Services.    www.MailPorter.com ]