[thelist] ASP.NET: & charector problems using StreamWriter

Casey aspnet at thecrookstons.com
Tue Jul 12 17:12:17 CDT 2005

> > Here's the thing.... whenever the file is re-written with the code
above, it
> > changes the symbol to µ.  it doesn't matter if I start with µ or with
> > µ - it ends up µ.
> >
> > I'm stumped.  It's such a silly problem, but I can't make it go away.

> What is your charset? (I suspect UTF-8 might solve your problem.)

Thanks T.R.  Without reading up on the links you sent, this makes some
sense.  But, I'm not sure this is heading down the right path for a solution
to this problem.... would this have anything to do with why my µ's are
becoming µ's when streamwriter overwrites the pages?  I'm thinking it's
some sort of asp.net quirk rather then a charset problem, but of course I
could be wrong.

Casey