[thelist] dynamic font size

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Jul 13 11:46:32 CDT 2005

=?ISO-8859-9?Q?VOLKAN_=D6Z=C7EL=DDK?= wrote:

> I just can't stop pointing a single URL for the counter-argument to
> the interested:

> http://www.thenoodleincident.com/tutorials/box_lesson/font/

Note however in his 3rd paragraph that Briggs' eyesight is apparently
anything but average: "most browsers default to a text size that I have
to back up to the kitchen to read", which makes his authority and/or
perspective somewhat suspect. He uses only 16px and smaller sizes, which
might give the impression anything larger isn't worthy of considering.
The largest he displays is a mere 80% of my default, and all screenshots
seem to be only Verdana, the largest of commonly installed screen fonts.

Briggs is not the only one with font testcases and screenshots. e.g.
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/rule-images-vm.html
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/rule-images-hm.html
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/Font/fonts-face-samplesLW.html
	http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/SS/fonts-face-samplesL2-m2005.gif
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/Font/pixelsize2.html
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/allreschooser.html
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/Font/fonts-em-vs-pixel.html
	http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/images/FontSizeEquiv1600x1200.png

If you look around my web site, you'll find many others too.
--
"If you love your children, you will be prompt to discipline them."
                                                Proverbs 13:24

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/