[thelist] ColdFusion-compatible to ASP.NET

Mozer, Matt Matt_Mozer at intuit.com
Thu Jul 14 09:41:26 CDT 2005

I wonder if anyone has had any experience migrating a Cold Fusion web
Architecture to ASP.NET. We are developing all our new applications in .NET
while maintaining Cold Fusion content and Secure Session for the time being.

In particular, a best practices approach in communicating Cold Fusion Client
Variables to our .NET session scope.

We could always write a method that queries the CDATA table where our client
session is stored but that doesn't seem too efficient to me.

Ideally, it would be great to load .NET session variables at the time our
Cold Fusion Session is created.

I have come across a third party resource that could potentially accomplish
that (BlueDragon.NET) but would like to hear how others may have solved
this.

Thanks.