[thelist] connecting to mail server

Mike Johnson eku at johnsonHQ.com
Fri Jul 22 09:32:29 CDT 2005

I’m trying to get some simple email forms to work using Persits asp mail
sender but can’t get it to connect to the mail server, the connection always
times out.  I’ve also installed Moodle on the webserver but none of the
email functions with that will work either.

Our mail server admin is trying to research the problem.  He says the “mail
server is not part of the domain that that all other computers are on”.  He
says he added the web server to the list of allowed connections but it still
doesn’t work.

It is an exchange email server.  I have no access to change settings on the
mail server but thought maybe someone could give me some ideas to pass on to
him.

Thanks for any help,

Mike