[thelist] Back up WSFTP Pro Settings

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Wed Jul 27 00:00:08 CDT 2005

they are all in an .ini file aren't they? This is in the WS_FTP install folder, eg. C:\ProgramFiles\WS_FTP

You should be able to just copy the .ini file and not the entire folder. That's what I do anyway. I'm in the ridiculous position of having completely forgotten about 5 or so passwords for sites, so that I can't use any other FTP client except WS_FTP for those sites and then I have to copy the .ini file between computers to have the connection/password available.

cheers

--
Dr Stuart Young,       	+64 (0)9-815 4321 x 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz> 	+64 021 183 2846 (mob)

>>> rich at richpoints.com 27/07/2005 15:32:32 >>>
Howdy,
I've used WSFTP for years and have always had one problem with it.  As
far as I can tell there is no way to back up and/or transfer the
settings.  Does anyone know how to back these seatings up and transfer
them to a different machine or the same machine after a format?

thanks
Rich

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/