[thelist] link trackers messing up SEO?

Rich Points rich at richpoints.com
Wed Jul 27 11:12:23 CDT 2005

Hi,
I have two clients that are business partners.  They exchange links via
a link tracking system so the links look something like this
http://www.profcs.com/app/adtrack.asp?AdID=98715.
 It is my understanding that effective link exchanges work something
like the following.

of course the two pages would have related content.  It seems to me that
the link tracker messes this up, is this the case?

I feel like recommending that they stop using this system but I don't
have anything to back that up.  Does anyone know if these link trackers
have negative effects on SEO?

Thanks
Rich