[thelist] FileExists problem [WAS VBScript/ASP stringconcatenation problem]

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Thu Jul 28 07:43:04 CDT 2005

Ken,

While I agree that it IS possible that default properties may hide
programming errors, they are far from uncommon.  Language such as c++
implement them as well, though they are sometimes referred to as "default
indexers" or "default indexed property".

For something as commonly used as the RecordSet object, I see no harm is
using the well-known and well-loved default property to access field values.
I personally don't see how someone could be "tripped up" if they RTFM.  :-)

Joshua L. Olson
WAE Tech Inc.
http://www.waetech.com/
Phone: 706.210.0168
Fax: 413.812.4864

Monitor bandwidth usage on IIS6 in real-time:
http://www.waetech.com/services/iisbm/