[thelist] Anyone used Visual Web Developer 2005 Express?

Peter Brunone (EasyListBox.com) peter at easylistbox.com
Mon Aug 1 13:16:49 CDT 2005

> How about the WebMatrix tool?

   WebMatrix was the much-hyped free tool that was going to have a wonderful open-source community, and then they abandoned it in beta without saying a word.

   However, the beta works pretty well for ASP.NET 1 applications.  I prefer it to VS.NET because it doesn't require code-behind or any of the extraneous garbage that Studio requires to make its bastardized windows-app-cum-web-app environment work.

   Distilled answer:  yes, I do almost all my asp.net coding with WebMatrix.

 From: "Casey" aspnet at thecrookstons.com