[thelist] Site Checks

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Fri Aug 5 08:54:12 CDT 2005

Hershel Robinson wrote:

> Felix Miata wrote:

> > Excluding those included in images, only 7 words on the whole page are
> > big enough to read without zoom. Why?

> Perhaps if you could provide some information as to what OS and what
> browser you are using, I could address this issue.

Actually this has nothing directly to do with browser or OS. What I
found was:

1-http://www.mishpachaw.com/css/main.css does not respect the user
default font size for paragraph text p {font-size: .9em;}. See
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/defaultsize.html
2-non-standard charset http://www.mishpachaw.com/index.php <meta
content="text/html; charset=Windows-1255" http-equiv="Content-Type" />
3-I had set only Western to the size I need in Firefox font prefs, so
all the others, including whatever windows-1255 is, remained at the
original too small default size. So, I got them almost big enough by
setting them all the same as the Western setting.

Can't your page render properly in utf8?

> On the surface, however, it would appear however to be due to the fact
> that I have no access to a Linux box for testing

Well everybody should if they don't have a problem with ISPs or gummints
preventing access to free software, or have no burner. Knoppix, as
various other Linux distros, can be run directly from a CD:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix-mirrors/index-en.html
--
"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"
                                                Matthew 6:27 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/