[thelist] IE6 image swap bug?

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Sat Aug 6 02:00:37 CDT 2005

Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> I have a totally stripped (validated) sample page here:
>
>   <http://webtuitive.com/samples/display.html>
>
> :: showing a single image, with a JavaScript toggle to swap it for
> a detail image.
>
> I see no problems on any of my test browsers[1], but the client,
> W2K/IE6, clicks the link once and -- image gone. never to return :-)
>
> Nothing I've twiddled, which is lots, has made it work less for me,
> or more for her, so -- can anyone duplicate the failure, and/or see
> a possible explanation/fix?

Well, for me (IE 6.x (latest non 7) on XP Pro (all patches applied)):

On the initial page load, I get a red X where the image would be.
Rightly so since the URL for the image is :

http://g2/images/inventory/40314A/40314A-300x300.jpg

I suspect it should be /g2/images/inventory/....

Once you click on the toggle link, it works as expected.  On FF (1.0.6)
I don't see an image (since the URL isn't valid) but after clicking, the
images show up as expected.

I hope this helps.