[thelist] Ruby on Rails - any developers out there? Question...

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Thu Aug 11 02:37:32 CDT 2005

Tom Dell'Aringa wrote:
> Also, it looks in the vids like he is using some kind of editor that recognizes shortcuts for the
> rails (?) commands... I wonder what that is, and if there is a windows counterpart.

Sorry for the long delay, but I had to search for this thread.  The
editor that is being used in the videos is TextMate[1] and there is no
Windows counterpart that I know of.  Its an amazing piece of software,
and for all its neat features, at 49 Euro its a steal.

For a Windows equivalent, your best bet would be SciTE[2].

[1] www.macromates.com
[2] www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html

Regards,
Burhan