[thelist] Problem: incredibly slow ftp program

Ian Anderson ian at zstudio.co.uk
Fri Aug 12 03:33:27 CDT 2005

Mike wrote:

> Thanks for any suggestions,

Hi Mike,

I never liked Fetch - ever. My favourite was Anarchie - now called
Interarchy - which I switched to when I discovered it in 1997. It's
about $39 trialware, download the trial version and give it a whirl;
it's a really nice app.

To be honest, it sounds like it is something about your web host or the
file structure - as Volkan suggested - that is causing the slowdown. I
use the built in FTP within Dreamweaver for 95% of my work, and it is
absolutely fine with a wide variety of ISPs.

Cheers

Ian