[thelist] Browser incompatibility question

VOLKAN ÖZÇELİK volkan.ozcelik at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:59:00 CDT 2005

Hi,

Just my humble opinion:

>From my common experience any validation error (other than trivial
ones such as a dynamic aspx page requiring "id" for the form element
instead of "name") can cause headaches you will not understand where
they come from.

There is an old saying in Turkish: "Clean your house, before guests
come in". It's better to make your markup valid before starting any
cross-browser check.

Solving the validation error (the single unclosed p element) possibly
would have revealed a lot of other validation errors that Chris had
revealed.

In short, never underestimate the power of a dark clown (a quote from
from the star wars cartoon) - joking at early morning :)
Never underestimate the importance of seemingly-trivial errors.

HTH,
Volkan.