[thelist] DOM ol li listing issue, Please Help!!!

Christian Heilmann codepo8 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 09:00:27 CDT 2005

> Coming back to my own question...  tell me this what do u mean by
> * Don't make your sites dependent on JavaScript,

Easy, without JavaScript, your list would never be reachable, and as
JavaScript can be turned off, that is not a failsafe plan.

> * especially not with non-existent protocols like "javascript".

Links work with protocols: http, ftp, https and so on.
href="javascript:" is a pseudo protocol, not a real one, and only
works when JavaScript is available. However, the link appears even
when it is not available, promising the visitors functionality that is
not available.

--
Chris Heilmann
Blog: http://www.wait-till-i.com