[thelist] Site check IE Mac

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 13:13:19 CDT 2005

I am doing a site at the moment and, after checking it out on several
different browsers, have found something odd. I recently had to re-code a
site where the hyphens started appearing as question marks. To make sure
this didn't happen again I used the ampersand alternative – instead.
We have an old imac at work with IE and all the hyphens appeared on the
screen as –. Not sure what version of IE it was, and Safari displays
the contents correctly, so...

1. Why is this happening?
2. Could someone else check it out using IE on a mac for me please.
3. What can I do to prevent this?

URL is http://www.ratking.co.uk/rrs/skills.htm

TIA

Kevin Stevens