[thelist] RSS Audio Feed

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Wed Aug 17 20:32:29 CDT 2005

having just researched this for our new podcast feed:
http://blog.greens.org.nz/index.php/category/the-game/audioblog/
and help page:
http://blog.greens.org.nz/index.php/help-how-to/audioblog-rss-feed/

it seems that an audio feed is just a normal RSS feed but with the audio linked to in an <enclosure> tag. Only RSS2 and Atom support them?

So you just need to tweak your CMS that is making RSS files, to make them with <enclosure> tags too. Or you need to start making RSS files. There are plenty of ASP scripts for generating RSS files.

I found it was very easy for us to start "podcasting" - the blog software we use, Wordpress, does it automatically for you. If there is a link to the file in the body of the blog post, then it automatically adds the <enclosure> tags to the feed.

cheers

--
Dr Stuart Young,       	+64 (0)9-815 4321 x 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz> 	+64 021 183 2846 (mob)

>>> Hershel Robinson <hershelr at netvision.net.il> 10/08/2005 22:55:22 >>>
I have a client with a large ASP-based custom-CMS-powered site that now
has audio files. He wants to set up an RSS feed for those audio files.

The site is presently in ASP although there is a consideration (in
deliberations right now) to rebuild the site in PHP, so either one is a
solution at present. I also have seen Windows apps that appear (I
believe) to create such a feed.

I know nothing about RSS, so any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you,
Hershel

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/