[thelist] Click tracking and google pagerank

Stuart Young syoung at unitec.ac.nz
Mon Aug 22 19:24:59 CDT 2005

can't you call a javascript with a onClick in the href tag? The link would still be a normal old plain href so search engine and non-javascript friendly, but there would just be an extra part to it that would pass the URL to the logging script. I'm sure this was discussed on thelist before, but I can't think what to search the archive for!
cheers

--
Dr Stuart Young,       	+64 (0)9-815 4321 x 8656
<syoung at unitec.ac.nz> 	+64 021 183 2846 (mob)

>>> april at farstrider.org 18/08/2005 09:13:58 >>>
I'd like to see some statistics about what links on my site are clicked
on the most, the least, etc.  I realize I can easily set this up by
sending a location header from a click tracking script.

The problem is, I *do* want the sites I link to to get pagerank credit
from my links.  It doesn't seem like a simple location header would do
that (though I'm having a hard time finding anything saying yay or nay).
  Does anyone know anything about search engine friendly click tracking
scripts?  Searching isn't being very helpful.

Thanks,
April

http://evolt.org/help_support_evolt/