[thelist] Scrolling multiple objects

Edwin edwin at mitchell-finch.com
Tue Aug 30 08:23:14 CDT 2005

I have been asked to produce a web page that has a scrolling list of names
on the right-hand side dynamically linked to an image on the left.

As the user scrolls down the name list the image on the left becomes wider
(from the left) revealing more of the image so that when the name list
reaches the bottom the complete image is visible.

An added complication is that as each name moves through a specific point on
the screen the text changes color - becomes highlighted.

Feels like javascript controlled layers and CSS to me.

I am not asking for anyone to give me the complete answer here (though of
course that would be great!) but could anyone point me in the right
direction? Websites, examples, javascripts, CSS, anything to help me the
right solution.

I know a bit of javascript (enough to adapt code) and am fairly proficient
in CSS and PHP.

Thanks

Ed