[thelist] Windows Graphics App

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Wed Aug 31 08:38:56 CDT 2005

I run Win 2K and I am looking for an open source app which supports
layers. One of my main needs is to put text on top of existing images,
and be able to have 2 layers to shadow the colored text with another
color. Beyond the layers thing, I don't have much in the way of specific
  features. Ease of use would be far higher on my list than
feature-richness.

I am NOT a graphics guy very much, so I don't know a whole lot about
such things, but I can generally do what I need to.

I once had such an app, but it's long lost. I think one of my fish
swallowed it maybe.

I had GIMP some years back and found the interface quite difficult to
grasp at the time. Perhaps it has changed since then.

Any ideas for me?

Thanks,
Hershel