[thelist] javascript default event handlers, default events. [TIP]

Kowalkowski, Lee (ASPIRE) lee.kowalkowski at hmrcaspire.com
Thu Sep 1 03:28:02 CDT 2005

That's cool if that's your goal.  To me, it's a weird goal to have.  Not one
I think serves any benefit to my customer, it's just academic in my mind.

My customer would be happier if my goal was to allow non-JS browser to
successfully use their site.  Rather than over-complicate my solution and
spend more time maintaining it.  I think defining the event handlers as
close to the elements as possible is easier to support, if an element is
defined in the markup source, its event handler should also be defined
there, if it's elsewhere it could get overlooked.  Overlooking things in a
support environment is costly.

- LK