[thelist] cms information/help...

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 2 11:41:33 CDT 2005

hi...

i'm looking at creating a couple of websites. the sites will be php/mysql
data driven sites. i'd like to allow users to register/login, read some
static information, and complete a survey. nothing really difficult. i'd
like an admin section to allow an admin to manage the users of the site.
i'll also be letting the logged-in user access some reports/stats regarding
the survey input.

i'm trying to figure out the role a CMS app like phpnuke/typo/mambo would
play in me solving my issue/problem and implementing the sites.

i assume that if i were to use a CMS app, i'd have to have a separate
instance of the CMS app for each separate site.

i've checked various sites/reviews on the web.. but still have a few
questions. if there's anyone in the US that can help me get a better
understanding of this, i'd appreciate it. i could also call you for a few
mins if possible.

thanks

-bruce
bedouglas at earthlink.net