[thelist] Trying to create table in MySQL DB with phpmyadmin

Christian Anderson lists at ckapublishing.com
Sun Sep 4 15:47:06 CDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to convert one of my sites over from ASP to PHP, and am having
problems setting up the MySQL database through PHPMyAdmin.

I created a database, and am now trying to create some tables in it, but
keep getting an error message when I press "save".

This is how I'm trying to do it through phpmyadmin:

http://www.ckapublishing.com/phpmyadmin.gif

...and this is the error message that I am getting once I press save:

----------------------------------

 Database d60171206  - Table table_CATEGORIES  running on MySQL Server Farm
2

Error

SQL-query :

CREATE TABLE `table_CATEGORIES` (
`id` BIGINT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, `tTITLE` VARCHAR NOT NULL ,
`tLOCATION` VARCHAR NOT NULL , `tDATE` DATE NOT NULL
)

MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'NOT NULL, `tLOCATION` VARCHAR NOT
NULL, `tDATE` DATE NOT NULL)' at line 1

What am I doing wrong?

Chris

Christian Anderson