[thelist] How do you extract money from people over the internet?

Amanda Kuek amandakuek at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 08:14:17 CDT 2005

Gday all,

My question is that simple, age-old burning question of greasy
hand-rubbing men in dark coats everywhere:

How do you extract money from people via the internet?

If you're trying to sell someone a service over a website, for example
in my case, maths tutoring, how can you make them pay for it?

As far as I can tell, options include forcing them to email you their
credit card details (definite turn-off), PayPal, and that system that
large companies have where you can enter your credit card details on a
secure site, and it debits immediately (if anyone knows how one would
go about implementing this, I'd be very pleased to hear it).

Thanks for any ideas and enlightenment.

- mank.