[thelist] How to hide blocks of code on a page from being picked up by the search engines - Can it be done?

misterhaan misterhaan at track7.org
Thu Sep 8 18:43:41 CDT 2005

Bruce Gilbert wrote:

>I know with includes, the code gets displayed when you view source, so I guess the SE would pick that up? (include content).

Yes, it would see that.

>How bout' Iframes, does that get picked up?

Iframe means your displaying a different page inline, so you could put
that in a separate directory and then use robots.txt to ask SE spiders
to not look at it.  If you don't  do the robots.txt portion, it's likely
that spiders will follow the link to the page displayed in the iframe.