[thelist] AOL Email Links

Jono jono at charlestonwebsolutions.com
Fri Sep 9 19:05:05 CDT 2005

On 9/8/05 2:19 PM, "Maximillian Schwanekamp" <lists at neptunewebworks.com>
wrote:

> What's the story on AOL email links these days?  Is it still true that
> AOL email clients are still whacked out, and need to have links
> formatted as HTML within a text/plain message body?

You might want to look around here:
http://www.aolmedianetworks.com/adspecs/index.shtml
--> A quick glance did not reveal any info about AOL HTML emails.

Also, try the contact us link (top-right) and post the question for AOL to
answer specifically.  They are usually pretty good about getting back on
questions.  I used to build HTML emails specifically for AOL, and as far as
I can remember, it had to be 4.0 browser compliant in order to display
correctly; then again that was back in the 4.0 browser era too.  Try the
contact us and ask for specific information, or better yet, just call AOL
and tell them your situation.

About cancellation:
I recently used an AOL trial in order to connect to the net while on the
road, and the entire process of canceling was painless.  Took a few minutes
and that was it.  It would have been faster, but I was too polite in
listening to the AOL rep. tell me all about AOL's features that I was about
to cancel.  I installed it on my Powerbook G3 and uninstalling was as simple
as dragging the app. folder to the trash, and calling AOL.