[thelist] granting linux ftp privileges

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Sat Sep 10 08:53:03 CDT 2005

Alex Beston wrote:

> i've set up a user account on my virtual server and now i need to ftp to
> this account. how do grant the ftp privilege?

If you're trying to connect via FTP to a system unsuccessfully, what
error message do you see when you try? What's in the system logs?

And, are you sure you have a running ftp daemon available? :-)  Some
hosting companies only allow *S*FTP access, for better security.

As Mark Groen already pointed out, details on your system/environment
would probably help you get better answers...

Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

                           dream.  code.