[thelist] Weird bot email [long]

Maximillian Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Sun Sep 11 00:01:00 CDT 2005

Jeff Howden wrote:
 > I've seen these come through mine and my clients' sites as well.
Most fail,
 > but I found one today that made it through.  More here:
 > http://mkruger.cfwebtools.com/index.cfm/2005/9/5/email%20injection

Ah, great answers all round.  Thanks guys!  In the meantime since
posting I added in a preg_replace() on the user-supplied data to take
out any useful headers, but the article Jeff gave was excellent, and I
will actually include a captcha as well.

Hassan, did you bother reporting jrubin3546 at aol.com to AOL?  I'm going
to, even though I don't really expect The Great Unwashed will do
anything about it.

--
Max Schwanekamp
http://www.neptunewebworks.com/