[thelist] Good SQL resource

Burhan Khalid thelist at meidomus.com
Tue Sep 13 04:11:32 CDT 2005

Steve Lewis wrote:
> Doug R wrote:
>
>> I am trying to find a good resource for SQL server 2000. Specifically,
>> I need a good book that will cover triggers, what you can/cannot do
>> with them, etc. My SQL experience is limited to normal
>> select/update/delete/alter, etc, and doesn't really cover stored procs
>> or triggers.
>

> The Guru's Guide to Transact-SQL
> by Ken Henderson
>
> This is the bible, IMHO.

Not really SQL Server specific, but 'SQL Queries for Mere Mortals' is a
great book on learning some advanced SQL and how queries are
interpreted. Its quite non-specific, but I'm sure you can apply what you
learn in that book to any SQL-compatible system.

www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201433362?v=glance

FWIW,
Burhan