[thelist] Linking to a movie - best practice?

Chris Kavanagh chris at logorocks.com
Tue Sep 13 18:21:26 CDT 2005

Hola peeps,

I've been given a 13MB (!) QuickTime movie, and been ordered to put
it up on a client website.

What's best practice for this?  I'm thinking, export it to MPEG4 (so
all media players can run it, yeah?), then post a thumbnail of it
that links to it.  Under the thumbnail put the size and format and
some help text.

Anyone else got any guidance for me?  Should I paste a Windows Media
Player skin over it, or some of those black and white boxes that run
up the side of celluloid, or something?  Thanks!

Kind regards,
Chris.