[thelist] Linking to a movie - best practice?

Robert Gormley robert at pennyonthesidewalk.com
Fri Sep 16 20:07:27 CDT 2005

Or, just as pertinent for Shawn, who is always talking about
portability:

I work in cellular internet development and I can say that while the
next generation of cellphones all support Flash(-Lite), not one of them
supports either Ogg for audio, or Thora for video (and in response to
his other suggestion, MPEG1 is also either not or spottily supported,
probably due to very large size in comparison to other formats, which is
the big killer).

Robert