[thelist] Linking to a movie - best practice?

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Sat Sep 17 00:39:57 CDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 14:48 +1000, Robert Gormley wrote:
  [I wrote:]
> > as I mentioned, the bitstream format is frozen (as of alpha
>
> I think that, much more important than the format being defined and
> forwards compatible is whether or not the actual software/codec will
> cause the users computer to barf a segfault/BSOD, no? That's "not a
> good user experience".

I haven't had the codec segfault on me in the times I've used it. The
Theora developers are just very cautious about what they are actually
calling "beta" for some reason, mainly because that is the point which
will introduce some incompatible API changes (but not bitstream
changes).

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>