[thelist] Site check: Staples.com

Shawn K. Quinn skquinn at speakeasy.net
Mon Sep 19 16:27:57 CDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 13:32 -0700, Maximillian Schwanekamp wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone is seeing this... www.staples.com in FF 1.0.6,
> homepage loads and then vanishes!  I've been watching these guys make
> the transition to a more standards-oriented site, but this one was
> impressive.

Mozilla Firefox 1.0.6, Debian GNU/Linux unstable (post-sarge), Noscript,
going through Privoxy and Squid. All I get is a blank page. After
manually copying and pasting the URL from the Javascript source, I get a
rude error message about cookies (which I shouldn't need enabled just to
browse). After accepting five cookies for the session, I finally get
something resembling a home page, with lots of overlapping text.

My opinion: Staples needs to fire whoever made their Web site and hire
someone competent to fix it.

--
Shawn K. Quinn <skquinn at speakeasy.net>